Hey hey! I'm teaming up with my girls at Hill Vintage & Knits to host our first annual knitting retreat right here in Des Moines, knitXmidwest! And it's only two weeks away. So if you want to be there, you should sign up now. So I know how many cupcakes we'll need.
But really! There are a zillion reasons why you won't want to miss this. For $25/day, you will enjoy:
- Devastatingly good lunch catered by Tacopocalypse.
- Lots of uninterrupted time to knit + crochet, perfect for finishing up that big project you've been wanting to work on.
- Relaxed, laid-back atmosphere. Wear your hand-knits and your sweatpants. We don't care.
- We'll be knitting and crocheting in the beautiful Walnut Woods Lodge. Have you seen the leaves changing colors this week? It's gonna be gorgeous out there.
- Photobooth. There will be a photobooth, people! (Or ... Jess and I with cameras and a backdrop, but same difference.)
- Fun times with friends.
- Knitting and crochet show and tell. Show off the coolest things you've ever made! Bring your stuff. We want to see it.
- Knit + crochet doctor. In case you need help with something.
- Meet our speaker (and my friend) Robyn from SheMakesHats. She's writing a book about her mission to knit and give away 10,000 hats to 10,000 people in her lifetime.
- Stashbust. Calling all hoarders: bring yarn that you want to trade/get ride of. Anything left over will be donated!
- Yoga. Which will be easy (and optional.)
- Mimosas! And cupcakes.
- After-hours shopping and wine + dessert at Hill Vintage & Knits in the East Village.
- Fantastically cool door prizes.
You seriously won't want to miss this. Sign up here, right now. You can register for one day or the whole weekend. It's up to you.
I really hope to see you there!