Hey hey! It's that time again. I've teamed up with my girls Erica and Jess at Hill Vintage & Knits
to host our second annual knitting retreat right here in Des Moines, knitXmidwest
! If you want to hang out with us and have a most fabulous and refreshing weekend of craftiness, you should sign up right now. So I know how many cupcakes we'll need. (Space is very, very limited!)
But really! There are a zillion reasons why you won't want to miss this. For $25/day, you will enjoy:
- Devastatingly good lunch catered by Tacopocalypse.
- Lots of uninterrupted time to knit + crochet, perfect for finishing up that big project you've been wanting to work on.
- Relaxed, laid-back atmosphere. Wear your hand-knits and your sweatpants. We don't mind.
be knitting and crocheting in the beautiful Walnut Woods Lodge. Have
you seen the leaves starting to change colors this week? It's gonna be gorgeous
- T-shirts! Cat t-shirts. T-shirts with cats on them.
- Photos with friends. Taken by our very talented photographer friend, Bethany.
- Fun times with friends.
- Knitting and crochet show and tell. Show off the coolest things you've ever made! Bring your stuff. We want to see it.
- Our friend Robyn, author of the blog She Makes Hats
is joining us again this year and will read an excerpt from her recently
released book. She is also in the midst of a charity hat knit along for
kids living below the poverty line and we are encouraging everyone to
participate. She has even created patterns that you can use and there
will be a retreat special giveaway! You can find all the details here!
- Stashbust. Hey hoarders: bring yarn that you want to trade/get ride of. Leftovers will be donated.
- Mimosas. And cupcakes. And BYOB, if you wish.
- After-hours shopping and wine at Hill Vintage & Knits in the East Village.
- Hotel slumber party + late night knitting with your friends. (With optional midnight snacks at Fong's.)
- Fantastically cool door prizes. So many giveaways. From these wonderful sponsors: Blue Sky Alpacas, Knitter's Pride, Feel Good Yarn Company/Silverspun, Lavishea, Manos del Uruguay, Spud & Chloë, Green Mountain Spinnery, Bijou Basin Ranch, Mari Knits, Zealana, Mountain Meadow Wool Mill, Eucalan, Louet and Red Barn Yarn. (Yeah, whoa!)
- Just look at how much fun we had last year.
You seriously won't want to miss out. Sign up here
, right now. You can register for one day or the whole weekend. It's up to you.
I really hope to see you there!